Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm specializing in multi-family investment across the United States. We have expertise in investment, development, renovation and management of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents.
We are searching for a Director of Capital Projects to identify, develop, and oversee all capital improvement activities for assets within his/her assigned geographic area of responsibility. Responsibilities include establishing the initial business plan, providing design input and direction to maximize return on investment, managing team members including third party architects, interior decorators and contractors, soliciting input, and providing updates within Carmel.
Primary Duties Responsibilities:
• Work in partnership with Senior VP, Capital Projects to identify and develop conceptual plans and analyses for redevelopment activities for all assets under his/her geographic area of responsibility
• Take lead role the development of the “Business Plan” as it relates to the capital projects of the assets, including any redevelopment plan and asset preservation for assets
• Manage fully transparent communications, budgeting, contracting, and payment processing procedures.
o Schedule kick-off/pre-construction meetings with Asset Management and Operations to outline project.
o Develop project schedules and manage process to meet these schedules
o Communicate with Asset Management and Operations team on schedules, progress and issues via weekly Capital meetings
• Identify required resources, time and cost for all conceptual plans
• Research new and innovative products to maintain a cutting edge
• Oversee all capital improvement activities from concept to completion and ensure a smooth turnover to Residential Services
• Look at ways to maximize the function, appearance and cost effectiveness of renovations
• Manage project budget to cost effectively complete unit renovations, clubhouse upgrades, corridor improvements and other property amenities
• Establish and maintain unit specifications for residential Services to ensure unit consistency over time
• Participate in the negotiation and contract management of material and product vendors to supply direct materials for large projects
• Perform other duties, responsibilities and special projects, as necessary
The ideal candidate will possess superior leadership skills and show proven ability to develop and successfully manage global scale, complex business initiatives and developments to completion. Candidates must have sharp analytical and business planning skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and proven influencing and negotiation skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in Real Estate Asset Management, Development Management or related field
• At least 3 years’ experience managing redevelopment projects
• Previous experience must include responsibilities for setting financial plans and goals, financial budgeting, scheduling, and project implementation
We offer a competitive salary and bonus based upon experience and salary history. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401k retirement plan with company match. To learn more about the company please visit our website at www.carmelpartners.com.
Local candidates are encouraged. Successful candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S. We will only respond to qualified candidates.